Monday, January 31, 2011

Buster The Bean-Counter

I love driving down to Texas in the winter. The further south, the better. It gets warmer, so I don't sneeze as much. And my fur stops looking all clumpy from something Matt calls sta...staticl...uh...something lectircity or something. Makes my fur stand up and things cling to me, like my kitty litter, lint, and small strips of paper.

So I have something to be happy about. This is good, because Matt says I have to do our taxes this year. I've never done them before because I don't have thumbs and can't add and stuff. I can subtract okay, like when I eat and the pieces of cereal disappear. Sometimes I count them. Anyway Matt says I better do them right or the IRS will take me away and turn me into dog food. Does anyone know if they can really do that? Even under Obama it seems a bit extreme. I can't find the calculator either. Maybe someone can help me with this. Matt started doing them and then got mad when I wouldn't stop meowing because I was hungry, and told me to do them myself.

Anyway, Matt and I are in Waco, TX sitting leisurely for the day because freight is slow. He's in the Flying Hook playing with the computer and I'm in the truck enjoying ME-time, laying about on the dashboard and dreaming of fish.

6 comments:

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We have seen snow in Texas on the TV. Hope you two are warm and safe!
~ The Bunch

The Lee County Clowder said...

Anything is possible, but we think Matt is kidding about the dog food.

On the other hand, next time he starts fighting with the taxes, maybe you should just take a nap somewhere in a corner, just in case.

Buster said...

Thanks for the well-wishes and the advice. We are in PA tonight on I-80 and it's snowing. Matt showed me the weather map and the snow storm stretches all the way to Wyoming. Oh boy, that means lots of downtime.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Buster, we miss hearing from yoo. Haf yoor daddy figgered out dat kitties don't do taxes? I mean, if yoo do dem den he might end up being da one turned into dog food...ya just neffur know wif da IRS.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Well, Buster, we hope you and Matt are safe somewhere working on your taxes together.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

It's been awhile since we'z heard from yoo..hope da IRS din't really turn yoo into dog food!