Sunday, June 8, 2008

Back On The Road Again



The two-week vacation has ended and we are back on the road. In fact we've been out now for an entire week, running like crazy from here to there for a total of about 3,300 miles. We are out of hours and taking a day of rest while our hours reset for tomorrow.

Matt thinks it's great to have so many miles...as if business is picking up again. But I'm having a hard time adjusting to the truck again after being off for so long. And that air conditioning---UGH! He has it cranked all the time, it seems. I don't care for it, myself. It hurts my ears. Though I guess it's better than roasting with the doors and windows shut.

No flies yet to chase after, but lots of mosquitoes out early this year. Must be all that rain we've seen. And storms. While in Brookville, PA last week at a truck stop, Matt and I noticed some quickly swirling clouds in a circular motion above us in the midst of all those dark storm clouds, so we beat it on out of there pronto! And only 10 miles or so down the road we got a dose of hail. Not gravel sized but golf-ball! Then more in TN on the way to Chattanooga. We had to pull off the road both times, but it was dangerous because everyone else had the same idea. So Matt blew the horn while I reached out and clawed the air at them to frighten them into submission so they'd move...and they did. But I got no treats for my involvement in saving us.

Right now I'm typing this with my strap-on opposable thumbs while laying on the driver's seat (where I belong) while Matt is watching 3:10 To Yuma, which he says is really good, but is a remake of an older version which he hasn't seen. Oh well.




Don't you hate it when they show pretty much the whole movie in the trailer?

1 comment:

Parker said...

Hi Buster, it's nice to meet you!
My Mom knew a kitty who rode in the big trucks. Her name is Olivia, if you ever see her at a truckstop tell her Hi for me!
She's a black and white kitty just like you.